Tuesday, November 22, 2016

63. Forever Family



 While he was yet speaking to the crowds, his mother and his brothers stood outside. One said to him, “Your mother and your brothers stand outside, seeking to speak to you.”

But he answered, “Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?” He stretched out his hand towards his disciples, and said, “Behold, my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, is my brother, and sister, and mother.”

 Reflections


Jesus is not disrespecting his family in this story as much as he is honoring his followers, those who listen to what he says and put it into practice. What does it mean to you to be counted among the family of Jesus through sharing his vision and values? Do you feel a sense of connection and intimacy with Jesus and with others who follow him?

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for inviting me to be part of your family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment