Saturday, April 22, 2017

Easter: Day 7



The eleven disciples went into Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had sent them. When they saw him, they bowed down to him, but some doubted. 

 He said to them, “This is what I told you, while I was still with you, that all things which are written in the law of Moses, the prophets, and the psalms, concerning me must be fulfilled.”

Then he opened their minds, that they might understand the Scriptures. He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 

“All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. Go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 

“You are witnesses of these things. I send out the promise of my Father on you. But wait in the city of Jerusalem until you are clothed with power from on high.”

He led them as far as Bethany, and lifted up his hands and blessed them. While he blessed them, he withdrew from them, and was carried up into heaven. They worshiped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy, and were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God.  

Reflection
 
The Great Commission given by Jesus was to go and make disciples, carrying on the kingdom work he began until such a time as he returned in the consummation of history. Have you taken the Great Commission as a personal call to action or do you see this as something only for “professionals” who are called to be ministers and missionaries? What is your next step? 

Prayer: Thank you for the journey to which you have called me, Lord, and for being ready to lead me forward step by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment