Friday, January 20, 2017

105. The Reprobate Judge



He also spoke a parable to them that they must always pray and not give up, saying, “There was a judge in a certain city who didn’t fear God, and didn’t respect anyone. A widow in that city often came to him, saying, ‘Defend me from my adversary!’ He wouldn’t for a while, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God, nor respect anyone, yet because this widow bothers me, I will defend her. Otherwise she will wear me out by her persistence.’”

The Lord said, “Listen to what the unrighteous judge says. Won’t God avenge his chosen ones, who are crying out to him day and night? He delays his response, but will avenge them soon. When the Son of Man comes, though, will he find faith?”

Reflection


Will God, who can be counted on to be more responsive than a cranky judge, find faith and faithfulness, or fear and whining, when he comes to us? Are you more likely to respond to the day’s news with fear or faith? What things in the community, nation or world bring out the worst in you? 

Prayer: Help me live, Lord, in a way that expresses faith rather than fear.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment