Tuesday, January 10, 2017

97. Lament for Jerusalem



That same day some Pharisees came, saying, “Get out of here right now because Herod wants to kill you.”

He said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I will cast out evil spirits and heal people today and tomorrow; on the third day I will complete my mission. I must continue my journey these three days, because prophets always die in Jerusalem.

 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets, and stones those who are sent to her! How often I would have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you would not let me! Your house is left to you desolate. You will not see me from now on, until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!’”

Reflection


Jesus was often criticized for the compassion he showed. It was not only the religious leaders who were upset with him, but political leaders like Herod as well. Have you ever been criticized for doing what you believed was right? Have you ever been critical of others and later come to realize they were doing what God led them to do? 

Prayer: Give me courage to do the right thing, Lord, even when people are likely to be upset with me for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment