Thursday, January 12, 2017

99. God's Kingdom Feast



When one of those who sat at the table with him heard these things, he said to him, “Blessed are those who will feast in God’s kingdom!”

Jesus said to him, “A man had a great feast, and invited many people. When the time came, he out a servant to tell those who were invited, ‘Come, everything is ready now.’ But they all began to make excuses.

“The first said, ‘I’ve bought a field, and must go see it. Please excuse me.’

 “Another said, ‘I’ve bought five yoke of oxen, and must go try them out. Please excuse me.’

“Another said, ‘I’ve married a wife, and therefore I can’t come.’

 “The servant came, and told his lord these things. Then the master of the house was angry, and said to his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind, and the lame.’

“The servant said, ‘Lord, it is done as you commanded, and there is still room.’

“The lord said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. For I tell you that none of those invited will taste of my supper.’”

Reflection


Who do you identify most with in this story? Do you make excuses when God calls you to do something? Are you one of the outcasts surprised to be invited to God’s party?

Prayer: Touch my heart with the warmth of your love, Lord, that I might be truly excited by your invitation and presence.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment