Thursday, October 27, 2016

45. The Right Path



 “Enter in by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in by it. Narrow is the gate, and restricted is the way that leads to life! Few are those who find it.

 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will know them. Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? Every good tree produces good fruit, but the sick tree produces bad fruit. A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, neither can a sick tree produce good fruit. 

Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire. By their fruits you will know them. Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of God; but those who do the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work evil.’

Things are not always what they appear to be: popular paths may be dangerous; evil can be disguised as something harmless; fruit may look good, but taste bitter; those who are outwardly religious may not be inwardly transformed. How discerning are you when it comes to finding the right path?
Prayer: Put me on the right path, Lord, that I might not lose my way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment